Last Updated: September 2022
We may update this Policy from time to time and encourage you to review it whenever you interact with us, our Websites, and other services.
What’s covered in this policy
What’s not covered in this policy
How we protect personal information
We realize that you trust us to protect your personal information. We take that trust seriously and maintain necessary and appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, which are consistent with industry standards, to help protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of personal information and to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, acquisition, exfiltration, alteration and destruction.
In order to help us provide, maintain, protect and improve our Websites and other services, we share information with our partners, vendors and trusted organizations (our “Service Providers”). Certain of our Service Providers may process information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions, this Policy, and any other appropriate confidentiality, security, or other requirements we deem appropriate. Our Service Providers only have access to the information they need to fulfill their agreements with us. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that our Service Providers protect the information that they may access through their relationship with us. If Wahl becomes aware that a Service Provider is using or disclosing information improperly, we will take commercially reasonable steps to end or correct such improper use or disclosure.
You can find information on the Service Providers we work with here. This list may change over time, and we’ll work hard to keep it up-to-date.
It's important to us that we keep your information safe and secure. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, and account for the protection of information provided to our Service Providers through us, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances. Please do your part to help us keep your information secure. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Websites account(s), and for all activities that occur under your password or Websites account. Wahl specifically reserves the right to terminate your access to the Websites and any contract you have with Wahl related to the Websites in the event we learn or suspect you have disclosed your Websites account or password information to an unauthorized third-party.
Types of personal information we collect
We collect three types of categories of personal information: (1) information that you give us; (2) information that comes from your browser or device automatically; and, (3) information from third-party sources. Sometimes we collect information to fulfill a statutory or contractual obligation; and, that collection may or may not be mandatory. The specific information we collect about you depends on a variety of different factors, including your requests and permissions, how you interact with us and our Websites, your communications with us, whether you have an account, and your purchase history.
Information that you give to us
- Account sign-up and profile: We ask for your first and last name, email, username, password, your mailing/delivery address, wish list, telephone number, fax number, as well as other information, such as your order history, downloadable products.
- Product Registration: When you register a product, we ask you for your first and last name, email, age, gender, email, mailing address, a product name, price, date, and store of purchase.
- Support Requests: In order to provide you with the best support possible, we ask for your name, email, telephone number, and any other information that might help us fulfill your request.
- Sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions: We ask for different types of information for different sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions. For example, in jurisdictions where it’s allowed, we might ask for your name, email, address, and birthday, as well as any pictures, and videos that you want to provide.
- Wahl Ambassador Program: When you choose to partner with us as one of our Ambassadors, you provide us with your name, email, telephone number, your professional license number, and your state of licensure.
- Tradeshows: Related to tradeshows, you can choose to give us information so that we can stay in touch about Wahl products and services that might be of interest to you. This information could include your name, email, address, telephone number, employment information, and information regarding your preferences.
- Direct Purchases by Distributors: Our distributors provide us with information about the items they purchase, the payment method and related information, billing and shipping information, telephone number, and email.
- Online Purchases: When you make a purchase on one of our e-commerce Websites, your payment information (e.g., debit and credit card number and associated information), billing and shipping information, and other purchase information are collected and maintained by our trusted Service Providers, which specialize in the secure capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions and order fulfillment. Wahl does not collect, or store, the payment information you provide when making an online purchase.
- Sign-up for notifications, emails, marketing messages, newsletters, or other communications: your name, the contact information you provide, and your preferences.
Information collected automatically
- Device information: We collect device-specific information, such as your device type, brand, operating system, hardware version, device settings, file or software type, and unique device identifiers. (A unique device identifier, or “UUID”, is an automatically assigned string of characters that can be used to identify a browser, app, or device, such as an IMEI number on a mobile phone. They can vary in how permanent they are, whether they can be reset by users, and how they can be accessed.) This teaches us how our Websites are performing and helps us improve them for you on your particular device.
- Local storage: We (and our Service Providers) collect and store information, including your preferences, locally on your device using browser local storage and application data caches.
- Log file information: Like most other online services, when someone visits our Websites (even people who don’t have an account), we automatically collect and store certain information, such as: address, browser type, access times, domain names, operating system, the referring web page(s), pages visited, location, mobile carrier, device information (including IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
Information collected from third parties
Wahl also learns about you through information you make publicly available, such as on a social network. Please note, any content or information you share with or provide to third parties regarding Wahl, your communications with Wahl, or using or related to the Websites may not be private or confidential and is not the responsibility of Wahl.
How we can use your personal information
In order to collect, use, or disclose your personal information, we have to have a valid reason. Some jurisdictions, like the European Union (“EU”), call this the “lawful basis for processing.” Sometimes, our lawful basis is that we asked your permission, such as when you subscribe to an email. We might not always ask your permission, such as when you should reasonably expect us to process your personal information or when we have a legitimate business reason to process your information, but only when that doesn’t violate the law or your rights. Sometimes we refer to this as a “legitimate business purpose.”
We process information about you for one or more of our legitimate business purposes. For example, where permitted, Wahl (and/or our Service Providers) may use your information to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason your information was collected or provided;
- Verify your identity;
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crimes;
- Fulfill orders (i.e., taking payment, providing updates, shipping, and managing any issues, including but not limited to refunds and returns);
- Deliver communications, information or services, and promotions;
- Provide support to you and other users;
- Present, optimize, and maintain the security of our Websites and other services;
- Register, maintain, and provide notifications to you about your Websites account;
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law or court order;
- Research, test, analyze, and develop our products, Websites, and services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites; and,
- Personalize your Websites experience and deliver content, product, and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers through our Websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
We’ll only send you marketing communications if you let us know that we have permission to do so. Keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe to our marketing communications, we may still contact you for other reasons.
If you have a Websites account or have given permission, we might use information that we have about you to show you relevant and targeted advertising about us through other companies’ sites, like Facebook, Google, or Twitter, for example. This won’t happen if it’s not permitted under applicable law. Where we do this, we will share your data in a hashed format with one of these companies so that you’ll see our ads when you’re on that provider’s platform. In these scenarios, we are joint controllers with these companies because we jointly determine the purposes and means of processing your personal data.
We may use aggregated or anonymized data (meaning data that does not identify individual customers) for our legitimate business purposes where permitted.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How we share your personal information
Wahl does not and will not sell your personal information. We may share information about you, including personal information, with subsidiaries who are subject to this Policy or who follow practices at least as protective as those described here, or with Service Providers with whom we have entered into contracts that require personal information be kept confidential and prohibit the retention, use, or disclosure of personal information for any purpose other than the services specified. Wahl does not share or disclose information for commercial purposes without your consent, except as described in this Policy. Specific examples of how we share your personal information include:
- Within the Wahl family: We may share personal information internally within Wahl and with our subsidiaries and affiliates. Wahl’s personnel may have access to personal information as needed to provide our services and operate the Websites in the normal course of business.
- Service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assessments, providing analytics information, processing payments, and providing data hosting. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but not for other purposes. You can learn more about our Service Providers here. This list may change over time, and we’ll work hard to keep it up-to-date.
- Business transfers: If we purchase other businesses or their assets, sell our business assets, or are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information, including any category of personal data collected by Wahl, may be among assets sold or transferred and may be subsequently used by a third-party.
- Lawful requests and safety: We release personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, necessary to protect our interests, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, and to protect the safety of any person. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to any request to disclose your information by a third-party, including a government.
- Business and marketing partners: We may disclose de-identified, aggregated, non-personal data received from the Websites with certain trusted business partners, without restriction. Wahl does not share non-aggregated information or information that has not been de-identified with these third-party business partners.
Cookies and online tracking services
Your choices and controls
We try to be transparent about what information we collect because we want you to make meaningful choices about how your information is used. You have choices about the personal information you share with us. For example:
- You may be able to access or correct the information you’ve shared.
- You can always delete your account.
- If you’ve given us consent to process your personal information, you can withdraw or restrict that consent, unless we need your personal information for a legitimate business purpose or to comply with the law.
- You can decide whether or not you want to receive our promotions and marketing communications.
- Depending on where you live, you might also be able to request that we delete your personal information, provide you with a copy of that information, opt-out of certain types of automated decision making, or ask us not to share your information.
You should know that if you don’t let us collect your personal information, or withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access all of our services and some of our services may not be able to account for your preferences. We’ll let you know if providing your personal information is mandatory so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate.
You can request to exercise your rights, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com. In some circumstances, we may ask for your assistance to help us respond to your request. If, for whatever reason, your request is denied, we’ll let you know why.
How to access, correct, or delete your data
If you would like to access the personal information we have collected from you, you may make a request at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our General Contact Information. You may also request to restrict or limit how we use such information, its deletion, or, even, ask for information in an easily accessible format. However, if you do so, certain features, including but not limited to access to the Websites, may no longer be available. Please note that requests to delete your information, even when honored, do not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information because removed information may persist in backup copies.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
How to opt-out of our marketing communications
Users may opt-out or object to receiving certain communications from Wahl by following the unsubscribe process (which is described in those communications), changing your account settings, or by contacting us via the contact information provided below. It may take some time to fulfill these requests. Certain product and Website related communications, including but not limited to account verification, changes or updates to features of the Websites, or technical and security notices are non-optional.
How to opt out of targeted advertising
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Do Not Track
Wahl does not currently employ a process for automatically responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms. Per industry standards, third parties may be able to collect information, including personal data, about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use Websites.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights or choices, including if you do so under applicable law, unless it’s otherwise permitted or necessary. For example, we will not provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services, deny you goods or services, or charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
If permitted, we may offer certain, permitted financial incentives that could result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. The incentive will reasonably relate to your personal information's value to us and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
How long we keep your data
We generally retain the information we collect only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations, or as otherwise required by law. Following termination or deactivation of a Websites account, we may either retain your information and content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival and audit purposes or may delete your personal data from our systems as part of a data retention plan and our cyber-hygiene policies. We will also delete your personal data when it is no longer needed for any of the purposes described above.
International data transfers
The information Wahl gathers about you may be transferred, processed, maintained, and accessed outside of your home jurisdiction or in a jurisdiction with different, and less protective, privacy laws. If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other region with laws that may differ from the United States and choose to allow us to collect information about you, please be aware that Wahl (and/or our Service Providers) may transfer, process, and store that information in the United States. Once your data is transferred, you may not be able to seek redress under your local laws.
Children's personal information and safety
Despite Wahl’s safety and privacy controls, we cannot guarantee the Websites are entirely free of illegal, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate material or that you will not encounter inappropriate or illegal conduct from other users when using the Websites. You can help Wahl by notifying us of any unwelcome contact by using the information below to get in touch with us.
Children under the age of sixteen (16) may not use or provide information on our Websites. We will delete, immediately, any information about which we are made aware, that comes from or is about a child under the age of sixteen (16). Please notify us at email@example.com if we might have collected data from or about a child under the age of sixteen (16).
We may modify this Policy from time to time. The most current version of this Policy will govern our use of your information and will be located on our Websites. We will notify you of material changes to this policy by posting a notice on the Websites, communicating with you through the services, or by emailing you at an email address you have provided us.
California Consumer Privacy Notice
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, references, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of information in the last 12 months.
- Personal Identifiers (which may include your name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers);
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (which may include a name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial, medical, or health insurance information);
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law (which may include your age, race, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex. veteran or military status);
- Commercial information (which may include records of personal property, products, or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming history or tendencies);
- Biometric information (which may include voice recordings, fingerprint, keystroke patterns and rhythms; however, our collection of this category of data is limited to photographs and voluntarily provided videos, such as those submitted with Wahl Man of the Year, and eye tracking technology; and, we do not collect sensory or biometric data as defined by other laws, including, without limitation, the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act)
- Internet or other similar network activity (which may include browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with a website, app, or advertisement);
- Geolocation data (any information used to identify your physical location);
- Sensory data (which may include audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information);
- Professional or employment-related information (which may include current or past job history);
- Inferences drawn from other personal information (which may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes).
For purposes of this section, personal information does not include publicly available information, de-identified or aggregate consumer information, or information excluded from the scope of the CCPA and CPRA, such as: (1) health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”) or clinical trial data; or, (2) personal information covered by sector specific laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act(“GLBA”), the California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Notice of Financial Incentive
We may provide sweepstakes, contests, or other similar promotional campaigns. When you sign up or register, we typically ask you for information, which is described above. Because these campaigns involve the collection of personal information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable sweepstakes, contest, or other campaign, less the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to participants.
You may withdraw from participating in a sweepstakes, contest, or other similar promotional campaign at any time by contacting us or using the designated method set forth in the applicable rules.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Wahl has not sold personal information in the past twelve (12) months. We have shared the following categories of personal information with other members of the Wahl Family, our service providers, and third parties with which you have agreed we can share your information, in the past twelve (12) months:
- Customer records
- Commercial information
- Internet or other network activity
- Geolocation data
- Inferences drawn from personal information.
We try to always let you know why we are collecting your personal information. We try to make sure that we collect, use, retain, and share your personal information only when it is proportionate and reasonably necessary to achieve that purpose. We’ll let you know about any unrelated processing.
Your CCPA Rights and Choices
The CCPA gives California residents specific rights about their personal information. These rights include:
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability. You have the right to ask us about what personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months and how we have used or disclosed that information, including: (1) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (2) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; and, (5) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Deletion Request. You have the right to ask us to delete any of the personal information that we collected from you over the past 12 months which we still retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below) we will delete the applicable information from our records, unless an exception applies or it is necessary for us or our service providers to: (1) complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a product or service that you requested, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (3) comply with applicable state and federal regulations or comply with a legal obligation or otherwise using the personal information, internally, in a lawful manner; (4) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; or, (5) for a purpose otherwise contemplated by Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798-105(c)-(d) and as amended.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
You may make a verifiable customer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (844) 999-0307
- Visiting us at https://us.wahl.com/customer-information-request.aspx
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to the personal information about you. If the request is made through an agent, we reserve the right to require a signed authorization or verification of the agent’s identity from you in order protect the privacy of the personal information requested. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of a minor.
Should you call us or visit the website we’ve shown above, you will access the form we have for making a verifiable request. But, generally, your verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or that you are the authorized representative of that person; and,
- Describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it.
Please note that we can’t provide you with the information sought in a request for access or data portability or comply with a request to delete, if we can’t verify your identity or authority to make the request and/or can’t confirm the personal information relates to you. We’re trying to avoid any unauthorized access of your data. So, we reserve the right to require additional information from you to verify your request before we respond. Any information provided to us in a verifiable customer request will be used only to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We also reserve the right to refuse such requests if we reasonably believe that the request may be fraudulent or may compromise the security of personal information. Where we refuse a request, we’ll let you know and explain the reasons for refusing.
Format of Response and Timing
We’ll let you know that we received your request within ten (10) days of receipt and give you information regarding how we will process your request. We’ll try to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. And, if we require more time to provide a response, we will write to you and give you the reason for the extra time and amount of extra time. For example, if you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to send the information from one entity to another entity without problems. We don’t charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless the request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we’ll tell you why and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
As mentioned above, we may collect or process sensitive data as needed or required to deliver services you have requested, to inform you of other products or services, and to contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinions. You may request that we delete this information, subject to certain exceptions as provided by the CCPA.
Other California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the "Shine the Light" law), residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below or at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will comply with your request within thirty (30) days or as otherwise required by the statute. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
European & United Kingdom Privacy Notice
Controller and Data Protection Officer
For purposes of the European Union, when you visit, shop or register with Wahl online or use any of our Websites or online services, your personal data is controlled by Wahl GmbH. Our EU Data Protection Officer is Norbert Gaulocher and may be contacted at:
Am Erlenbach 2 88662
The UK controller of personal data is Wahl (UK) Limited. Contact details are as follows:
Wahl (UK) Limited
Sterling House, Clipper Close
Ramsgate, Kent, CT12 5GG
Sources and Categories of Personal Data That We Process, Our Reason and Lawful Bases
When permitted, we may collect the personal data described above. Your personal data is primarily used to provide you with the Wahl products and services you request. It may also be used to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and to fulfill our legitimate interests, such as to personalize your experience, develop and improve our services or to detect illegal activities. With your prior consent, the personal data may also be used to send you offers and promotions.
You have a number of rights including the right to request access to, change, or remove your personal data, or to change your marketing preferences (including withdrawing your consent at any time). Please see the “Your controls and choices” section above to learn more about managing your marketing preferences or deleting your account.
UK residents have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
EU residents also have the right to lodge a complaint with their local Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
Brazilian Privacy Notice
When you visit, shop or register with us online, or use any of our Websites or online services, your personal data is controlled by WAHL CLIPPER COMÉRCIO DE UTENSÍLIOS PARA CABELO LTDA, a branch office of a private legal entity enrolled in the CNPJ/MF under n. 08.011.326/0001-26, located at Rua Professor Luiz Leite, n. 150, Eldorado, in the city of São José dos Campos-São Paulo-Brazil, Postal Code 12.238-576.
Should you have any comments or questions about how we collect and use your personal data, the communication may be sent to Wahl at email@example.com and by phone at 55 12.39554810.
How we process personal information
Your personal data is primarily used to provide you with the Wahl products and services you request. It may also be used to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject or to fulfill our legitimate interests, such as to personalize your experience, develop and improve our services, or to detect illegal activities. Wahl may also process personal data for purposes of complying with applicable local laws and regulations in the territory where our products and services are offered. With your prior consent or whenever there is a legitimate interest at stake, it may also be used to send you offers and promotions.
You have a number of rights set forth in Brazil’s data protection legislation including but not limited to the right to confirm the existence of the processing of your personal data, request access to, change, or remove your personal data, or to change your marketing preferences (including withdrawing your consent at any time). Please see the “Your controls and choices” section, above, to learn more. You may also contact us at the address, above, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subject field with “Privacy Information Request” and add it to the body of your message. We will serve your request within thirty (30) days or as required by Law.
Other Jurisdiction-Specific Contacts
Australia and New Zealand
Wahl Australia PTY LTD is located at U 1 70 Dulacca St Acacia Ridge, Queensland, 4110 Australia. Should you have any comments, questions, or complaints about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be directed via email to email@example.com or by telephone to Aus: (07) 3272 4289 and NZ: 0064 4 589 8819.
Wahl Canada Inc. is located at 165 Riviera Dr, Markham, ON L3R 5J6. Should you have any comments, questions, or complaints about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be directed to Wahl’s postal address, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +1 (866) 787-9245.
Wahl Hungária Kft. is located at 9200 Mosonmagyaróvár, Barátság utca 6. Should you have any comments, questions, or complaints about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be via email to email@example.com or by telephone +3620 7770115.
Phone number: +81 3 5333 2955
Middle East & Africa
Wahl Singapore is located at 51 Goldhill Plaza, #12-07, Singapore 308900. Should you have any comments, questions, or complaints about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be directed to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wahl South Africa is located at Bedfordview, Gauteng, South Africa. Should you have any comments, questions, or complaints about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be via email to email@example.com or by telephone +27 11 454 4848.
Phone number: +7 495 121 06 41
General Contact Information
Wahl Clipper Corporation is located at 2900 North Locust Street, Sterling, Illinois 61081. Should you have any comments, questions, or complaints about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be directed to Wahl’s postal address, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to (844) 999-0307.